My full name is Ivana Akotowaa Ofori, but I go by mostly Akotowaa, Akotz, or Akotz the Spider Kid.
I’m 19 years old and Ghanaian, and my ancestry is both Ewe and Akan.
In line with the characteristics the totemic Akan spider embodies, I am a weaver of words, a spinner of tales and believe that promoting creativity and telling stories are my primary purposes. I’m the originator of the term “lexivist” (you can find out what that means here) and, to summarize my interests in a phrase, Anansesɛm yɛ m’asɛm.
I make many lexical things independently, and here are just a few interesting places to start exploring The Spider Kid’s crafts:
- My short story series, On the Ceiling.
- My romantic sci-fi novelette, If I Could Kill My Feelings.
- My spoken word video, Anti-Indoctrination.
- My spoken word song, IWITP.
- My spoken word project, the Solitaire EP.
- My novella, Puppets