Hi! My name is Ivana Akotowaa Ofori, but I go by mostly Akotowaa, Akotz, or Akotz the Spider Kid.
I’m 20 years old and Ghanaian, of both Ewe and Akan ancestry.
In line with the characteristics the totemic Akan spider embodies, I am a weaver of words, a spinner of tales and believe that promoting creativity and telling stories are my primary purposes. I’m the originator of the term “lexivist” (you can find out what that means here) and, to summarize my interests in a phrase, Anansesɛm yɛ m’asɛm.
I’m a multidisciplinary storyteller, so you can find me on page or stage, composing prose, poetry or script, fiction or nonfiction. If you’re interested in exploring The Spider Kid’s crafts, here are a few interesting places to start:
- My short story series, On the Ceiling.
- My scripted podcast based on the above short story series, Green Green Grasses.
- My romantic sci-fi novelette, If I Could Kill My Feelings.
- My spoken word video, Anti-Indoctrination.
- My spoken word song, IWITP.
- My spoken word project, the Solitaire EP.